Great songwriters know everything about their craft, from all the scales to the few words that rhyme with "small-town steel mill experiencing financial difficulties." Watch a master at work with this GrouponLive deal.
- $24.50 for one ticket to see J Alvarez (up to $48.50 value)
- When: Friday, March 14, at 9 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Sunset Strip
- Section: general-admission standing
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the venue layout
- The sound: Puerto Rican reggaetón—a blend of Trinidad's soca and Jamaica's dancehall groove with elements of salsa, hip-hop, and electronica
- J's style: cool as ice, yet able to melt the mic with swagger and braggadocio
- The album that introduced him: Otro Nivel De Música with its hit "La Pregunta"
- What made Otro Nivel De Música really take off: when it was reissued with 15 more tracks as Otro Nivel De Música: Reloaded
- Reloading paid off with: a Latin Grammy nomination for Best Urban Music Album
- What you should bring: dancing shoes and the magic words that can lift his sunglasses and reveal his mysterious eyes