- $10 for one ticket to see Never Was Broken (up to $20 value)
- Where: Ailey Citigroup Theater
- General admission
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Dates and Times
- Thursday, March 26, at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 27, at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
Never Was Broken
- The Concept: In the summer of 2012, choreographer Jessica Chen was involved in a car accident so brutal that it left her in a coma for 13 days, following eight hours of surgery. Never Was Broken compiles nine works inspired by that incident and the reflections she had while in recovery.
- The Music: In the work “Climb. Is All We Know,” audiences will hear the dreamlike soundscapes of Bon Iver. Also expect dancers to move to hypnotic spoken pieces and prayers.
- The Praise: Jennifer Thompson of NY Dance Examiner says, “As someone who has seen Chen’s work both before and after her accident, I can confidently assert that she still shines just as bright onstage and her work remains palpably driven by sincerity: each movement exists for a purpose.”