- $20 for two tickets to see Jack Ingram (up to a $40 value)
- When: Saturday, April 12, after the last American Quarter Horse race, which should end around 9:45 p.m.
- Where: Sam Houston Race Park
- General admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
Admission to the concert is free if you purchase a general-admission ticket to the races prior to 8 p.m. This Groupon is best for guests who do not plan to attend the races or arrive before 8 p.m.
- Jack Ingram is: a hometown boy from the Woodlands who plays old-fashioned honky tonk
- Number of hits on the Billboard country charts: seven
- The songs you know: “Barefoot and Crazy,” “Lips of an Angel,” “Measure of a Man,” “Love You”
- What ACM considers “new,” based on his winning “Best New Male Vocalist” in 2008: 11 years on tour and five studio albums at the time
- His last release: 2009’s Big Dreams & High Hopes
- His philanthropy: last year, he joined forces with Matthew McConaughey for Jack and McConaughey—a gala, golf tournament, fashion show, and concert that raised money for their favorite children’s charities
- What they said to each other after the evening was a success: “Alright, alright alright”
Sam Houston Race Park
Sam Houston Race Park’s multifunctional grounds crawl with up to 30,000 spectators reveling amid horseraces, concerts, and private events. Quarter Horses, Thoroughbreds, and Arabians kick up dust as jockeys maneuver them around the course, cheered on by race fans placing bets based on their stats, the weather, and the size of the horse’s toupee. Spectators can also watch and wager on races outside the park’s grounds, as monitors air simulcasts of the big races, including the Arlington Classic Stakes and Los Angeles Handicap. In two restaurants under the supervision of executive chef Hugo Gomez, the racetrack treats guests to panoramic views of the competition as they dine on seafood, gourmet pastas, and brunch fare. Guests may also entertain from 15 up to 100 friends, employees, or colleagues in luxury suites equipped with a private bar and an in-room centaur butler.