With its catching nets and hard-hitting action, lacrosse is similar to America’s national pastime, extreme lepidoptery, though it involves fewer swarms of carnivorous butterflies. Discover the delights of this simpler sport with today’s Groupon to a Jacksonville Bullies indoor lacrosse game at Veterans Memorial Arena. For $10, you get one ticket for seating in sections 100, 106–111, or 118–121 (a $20 value) at your choice of the following games:
- vs. the Kentucky Stickhorses on Saturday, January 28, at 7 p.m.
- vs. the Charlotte Copperheads on Saturday, February 11, at 7 p.m.
- vs. the Hershey Haymakers on Sunday, March 11, at 4 p.m.
- vs. the Kentucky Stickhorses on Thursday, March 22, at 7 p.m.
- vs. the Charlotte Copperheads on Thursday, April 12, at 7 p.m.
- vs. the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Shamrocks on Thursday, April 19, at 7 p.m.<p>
Inaugural members of the recently formed North American Lacrosse League, the Jacksonville Bullies vie with four other indoor franchises for a spot in the NALL World Championship. Goalie Erik Miller, whose 75% save average earned him the nickname the “Iron Curtain” during 13 seasons in the NLL, bolsters the backs of young, freshly drafted runners that include JU all-star Bobby Stockton and former Stonybrook captain Thomas Compitello. Players show off their deft cradling skills in 12 regular-season contests, exhibitions against international brigades, and peekaboo competitions against opponents’ babies.
Matches unfold within the 15,000-seat Veterans Memorial Arena, which also shelters the hallowed history of the Jacksonville Sports Hall of Fame. The team’s Bullies Against Bullying campaign, created in partnership with Mental Health of America, lectures youth on the dangers of school bullying and rewards children who perform noble deeds with game tickets. Customers also get a coupon for 15% off at the merchandise stand.