Music is a force powerful enough to calm a baby, soothe a wild beast, or compel the two to dance with each other. Be overcome by this GrouponLive deal.
- $18 for one ticket to Jamaica Day Reggae Festival (up to $30 value)
- When: Saturday, July 5, at 5 p.m.
- Where: Anne Arundel County Fairground
- General admission
- Door time: 3 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Guests will receive a free raffle ticket at the ticket booth for a chance to win prizes.
Jamaica Day Reggae Festival
- The festival's mission: to support the Jamaica Education For The Poor Foundation, which funds leadership training for at-risk Jamaican youth, and supports efforts to build an Arts and Cultural center in Maryland
- Its second mission: to fill audiences with serenity as they sway in the sunlight to reggae acts
- Headliner who specializes in the rocksteady, romantic genre of lover's rock: Frankie Paul
- Tony Roy's authentic reggae sound comes from: being born in St. Thomas, Jamaica, where he started a high-school band called Chosen People that found international success with singles such as "Just Gwaan"
- As a solo artist: Tony's conquered DC with his backing band Yawd Link, and scored the 2009 award for Best Reggae Recording at the DC Reggae Awards
- Rootical reggae artist Da Real Storm's claim to fame: winning two 2014 Washington DC Reggae Awards for Best Female Performer and Album Of The Year
- Other DC acts that will leave audiences as chill as a cryogenically frozen tree sloth: Intellect and Storm Reggae Band
- How to give your belly good vibes: by indulging in Jamaican jerk chicken and pork
- Festival bonus: a drawing for an all-inclusive trip to Jamaica's international Reggae Wine Festival in October