What You'll Get
At a jazz concert, it's considered polite to clap after solos and throw a rose into the saxophone after each key change. Show your appreciation with this GrouponLive deal.
- $37 for one general-admission ticket to Jazz at The Met (up to $50 value)
- When: Saturday, June 21, at 3 p.m.
- Where: Metropolitan Family Services – Calumet Center
- Ticket values include all values.
Jazz at The Met
- What it is: an annual jazz and blues concert and fundraiser
- What it raises funds for: Metropolitan Family Services Calumet's social-wellness programs, which benefit underserved families and senior citizens
- The emcee: ABC7's Leah Hope
- The jazz: The Beverly All-Stars featuring Liane K. Williams and Margaret Murphy; the youthful Jamiah On Fire & The Red Machine; and Russoul
- What to do before swaying to the music: eat dinner, bid at the silent auction, squirt some oil into rusty hip joints
Metropolitan Family Services
"Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate"—this is how Metropolitan Family Services' website describes its role in the community. It's a role that the organization has filled since the its inception in 1857. At each of its seven centers in the Chicagoland area, Metropolitan Family Services' programs help boost emotional and academic development in youngsters, empower low-income families to obtain economic stability, and provide legal services and counseling. To date, the organization has assisted more than 60,000 families and individuals every year.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 21, 2014. Limit 6 per person. Redeem starting 6/21 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Metropolitan Family Services - Calumet Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Metropolitan Family Services' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.