- $21 for one ticket to see JD and The Straight Shot (up to $42.25 value)
- When: Friday, October 3, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Paramount
- Seating: main floor
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click to view the seating chart
JD and The Straight Shot
- Their sound: a sonic stew of barroom blues, zydeco grooves, and classic rock bubbling with acoustic, electric, and slide guitar, banjos, accordion, harmonica, and kazoo
- Where you’ve heard their single “Can’t Make Tears”: as the theme to AMC’s Western series Hell on Wheels
- Proof of the band’s talent and live punch: they’ve been handpicked to open for the Eagles, The Allman Brothers Band, and Robert Randolph
- Cool fact about leader Jim Dolan (JD): at a recent Eagles show at Madison Square Garden, he passed out kazoos to the crowd in an attempt to break the Guinness world record for Largest Kazoo Ensemble
- The results: The Straight Shot ditty “Governor’s Ball,” as scored by 7,400 kazoo players, including New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire, New York Ranger Henrik Lundqvist, and tennis legend John McEnroe. In celebration of beating the previous record, JD donated $100,000 to ALS research.
An oasis for arts-loving crowds, the cavernous, recently renovated Paramount draws in major acts to spare fans stressful commutes. The buxom venue buzzes with a true rock ‘n’ roll vibe, beaming with a nocturnal color scheme decorated with whimsical local art and exposed brick walls.