Country music has been described as "three chords and the truth," unlike the blues, which is known as "12 bars full of premeditated lies." Hear some honesty with this GrouponLive deal.
- $20 for one ticket to see Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland: That Girl Tour (up to $35.50 value)
- When: Thursday, July 3, at 8 p.m.
- Where: WhiteWater Amphitheater
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Full name: Jennifer Odessa Nettles
- Better known as: one half of award-studded country powerhouse Sugarland
- Why she took a break from the group: to have a baby and record her first solo album
- Who she enlisted to help her record: Rick Rubin, the legendary producer known for a stripped down production style and hoarding faberge eggs in his beard
- Where Nettles and Rubin recorded: in a recording room with a nursery
- What they came up with: That Girl, which shot to number one on the US Country charts after its January release
- Song you might hear from the album: “This One’s For You,” a love ballad whose “intricate interplay between piano, electric guitar, and horns… frame the obvious emotion Nettles puts into the song,” according to Allmusic.com
“Be prepared to stand for a very long time, especially if your tickets are general admission!”
“Great venue. Easy and quick with groupon. ”