What You'll Get
- $44.70 for one G-Pass to see Jerry Lee Lewis and Chubby Checker (up to $74.50 value)
- When: Friday, April 10, at 8 p.m.
- Where: NYCB Theatre at Westbury
- Seating: orchestra section C or G, rows N–V, or orchestra section F, rows R–T
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Jerry Lee Lewis
- His nickname: “The Killer,” because in entertainer slang, he slays audiences
- His method: with raw rockabilly, blues, and old-time gospel coursing through his fingertips, he turns pianos (and piano stools) into firewood as he stomps and howls through hits
- Things Jerry Lee did most rockers only dream of: made his first recordings on Sun Records, jammed with the “Million Dollar Quartet” of Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, and Carl Perkins, landed in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame, and scored the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award
- What might surprise you: at the age of 79, the rock ‘n’ roll wild man still delivers a knockout performance
- Hits that’ll have you dancing in the aisles: “Great Balls of Fire,” “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On,” “Breathless”
- His real name: Ernest Evans, but the nickname of “Chubby” stuck at an early age; “Checkers” is a play off Fats Domino
- His method: a contagiously gleeful voice that immediately rallies listeners to follow his every command
- Things Chubby Checker did that most singers only dream of: he started a nationwide dance craze, got adults to listen to teen music, and landed the biggest hit of the 1960’s with “The Twist,” according to Billboard magazine
- What might surprise you: at the age of 73, Chubby Checker still has the moves
- Hits that’ll have you twisting in the aisles: “The Twist,” the smash-hit followup “Let’s Twist Again” and its counterpart, “Slow Twistin’”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 10, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Use for admission at NYCB Theatre at Westbury on 4/10. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.