- $30 for one ticket to see Jimmy Cliff (up to $45.45 value)
- When: Wednesday, September 9, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Ogden Theatre
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Birth name: James Chambers
- Why the “Cliff”?: his stage name symbolizes the heights he aspired to
- Did he reach those heights?: he’s the only musician to receive the Order of Merit (the Jamaican government’s third highest honor), and he mentored Bob Marley and was inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2010, so yes
- The Harder They Come: the movie that introduced reggae music to millions, in which Cliff starred and created most of the soundtrack for
- 42: the years since the movie was released
- Jimmy Cliff rock-steady classics that could cheer up even the saddest clown in the post-apocalypticest wasteland: “Many Rivers to Cross,” “Wonderful World, Wonderful People,” and his cover of “I Can See Clearly Now”