- Admission to The House of Mood Presents: Save The Ta Ta’s
- When: Saturday, July 18, at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: The House of Mood
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- $25 for one ticket (up to $50 value)
- $40 for two tickets (up to $80 value)
Save The Ta Ta’s
- The Theme: a benefit for breast cancer awareness and prevention
- The Entertainment: cabaret-style burlesque and variety acts laced with humor, allure, and pink pasties
- The Performers: the Fringe Follies, a group of burlesque dancers, lounge singers, and fishnet stocking-wearers
Director and founder Jennifer Kennedy has been teaching dance for more than three decades and channels her sensual moves from experience performing in cabarets aboard Virgin Islands cruise ships. At JMK Entertainment, she and her instructors patrol a studio of 10 poles, ensuring that each student receives personalized tips during basic to advanced pole-fitness classes. The pole-based moves help students to build core strength and tone curves while mimicking the arched back of a sexy long-haired wildcat, not to be confused with the long-eared hedgehog, which is really more cute than sexy. Other class styles run the rhythm-powered gamut from cardio chair fitness and Zumba to Bollywood and belly-dancing routines. The JMK team isn't shy about performing what they preach, taking the stage at various local events to showcase their burlesque swaggers and perilous pole-climbs.