- One ticket to see Joe Smith’s Diamond Girls
- When: Saturday, December 7, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Jack White Theatre at Masonic Temple Theater
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $18.50 for the main floor (up to a $39.80 value)
- $13.50 for the balcony (up to a $34.95 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Joe Smith’s Diamond Girls
Charlene Diggs seems to have it all: a loving husband, a new home, and a child on the way. But her spouse, Marquis, isn’t the average Joe. He’s better known as “Hollywood,” the leader of a ruthless drug mob called The Brotherhood. Charlene tries to get Maquis to go legit to raise their family, but he he’s in too deep. And on the night she gives birth to their baby, The Brotherhood takes Hollywood’s lights out.
The play then jumps to years later, when Charlene thinks she has escaped her prior life. She’s doing well as a churchgoing single mom who runs her own business, and even has a budding romance with a minister. However, nobody gets away from The Brotherhood that easily. When Charlene discovers that several of her friends are now dating the gang’s latest kingpins, she tries to save them from a future that mirrors her horrific past. Packed with tragedy, romance, and redemption, Diamond Girls offers an unflinching view of modern street life and plays like a cinematic thriller, which writer/producer Joe Smith says is already in the works. <p>