What You'll Get
- $30 for one G-Pass to see John Fogerty (up to a $68.15 value)
- When: Wednesday, October 23, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Von Braun Center Arena
- Seating: 300 level
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
How G-Pass Works:</b> Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app.
- How you know him: as the lead singer and songwriter of swamp-rockers Creedence Clearwater Revival; as the solo artist behind “The Old Man Down The Road” and “Centerfield”
- CCR hits that showcase Fogerty’s melodic growl: “Proud Mary,” “Fortunate Son,” “Run Through The Jungle,” “Born on the Bayou”
- What Bruce Springsteen said about him at CCR’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993: “As a songwriter, only a few did as much in three minutes [as John Fogerty].”
- Other halls of fame he was inducted into: Songwriters Hall of Fame, Gravel-Drinkers Hall of Fame
- Title of his latest album, which features Fogerty singing his greatest hits with other musicians including Bob Seeger, Miranda Lambert, and Foo Fighters: Wrote A Song For Everyone
- What it means, according to Fogerty: “Every now and then, I did try and write a song for everyone, but it would all start because I would feel something deeply and personally that would mean a lot to me…I would try to make the statement larger than just myself, and so in some small way, some songs became universal.”
- Title of his 1994 lawsuit: Fogerty v. Fantasy
- What it means: CCR’s old record company, Fantasy, sued Fogerty for sounding like himself, claiming that “The Old Man Down The Road” was identical to “Run Through The Jungle”
- The winner: Fogerty, who often plays both songs in the same set
- How did he win?: boxing gloves<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 23, 2013. Limit 4 per person. G-Pass not redeemable with mobile app. Use for admission at Von Braun Center Arena on 10/23. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher\. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.