- One ticket to Hairspray the musical
- When: January 9–March 1
- Where: Cameo Theatre
- Seating: best-available
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $9 for a performance by the kids’ cast (up to $18 value)
- $9 for a performance by the teen cast (up to $18 value)
- $18 for a performance by the adult cast (up to $36 value)
The bubbly Technicolor musical Hairspray, which won the 2003 Tony Award for Best Musical, transforms the theater into swinging 1960s Baltimore. An adaptation of John Waters’s seminal cinematic bonbon, the show tickles cowlicks and bowls over bouffants with its winsome tale of dancing queens, underdogs, and impenetrable ozone layers. Audiences will do the mashed potato in their seats as husky heroine Tracy Turnblad usurps snobbish beauty queens and battles segregation to become an unlikely teen sensation. With its entertaining buffet of romance, eye-popping sets, and irascible Marc Shaiman ditties, Hairspray fills the plates of theater fans with more nourishing laughs and caloric nostalgia than an evening of sharing french toast with Jerry Lewis.
1123 E Commerce St.
San Antonio, TX 78205