- $27.50 for one ticket to see Josh Thompson (up to $35.58 value)
- When: Friday, December 12, at 9 p.m.
- Where: Mill City Nights
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Home state: Wisconsin
- Home sound: one foot planted in blue-collar country while the other kicks up rock ‘n’ roll-dirt
- His debut: 2010’s Way Out Here, whose four singles broke the top 40
- His latest: 2014’s Turn It Up, a collection of barn-stompers that celebrate traditional values, gettin’ rowdy, and hot tubs full of bacon grease
- Why Taste of Country named it a critic’s pick: “Almost every song has single potential … It’s a two-day stubble, flannel shirt and torn blue jeans, Budweiser-drinkin’ sort of album.”
Mill City Nights
A rock 'n' roll sanctuary with an industrial aesthetic, Mill City Nights keeps downtown Minneapolis hopping with a unending parade of nationally touring musicians. Audiences can get up close to acts on the ground-level dance floor, or head up the metal stairs to grab a seat or lounge at a table. Down in the basement, The Nether Bar serves craft beers such as Summit, Fulton, and Finnegan's, while high-definition flatscreens broadcast sets from upstairs. The sleek decor and updated equipment add up to a winning venue, one that attracts acts as varied as Skinny Puppy, Easton Corbin, and Todd Rundgren to its stage.