Rock fans traditionally hold up lighters at concerts during ballads so that heartbroken moths know where they can go and, for once, not be judged. Get drawn in with this GrouponLive deal.
- $25 for one ticket to see Journey's Former Lead Steve Augeri and Russell Thompkins Jr. (up to $35.95 value)
- When: Saturday, July 5, at 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Muzzy Field Bristol, CT
- General admission to the lawn
- Door time: 4:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the venue layout.
Steve Augeri and Russell Thompkins, Jr. & the New Stylistics
- Who Steve Augeri is: the former frontman of Journey, whose tenure was from 1998 to 2006
- Key songs of that era: "Remember Me," "All the Way," "A Better Life"
- Since then: he's launched a rocking solo career with singles such as "Photograph," "Home Again," "For the Rest of My Life," and "Behind the Sun"
- Other notable achievements: he formed the supergroup Ünderwörld
- Russell Thompkins, Jr. is: the original singer of the Philadelphia soul outfit the Stylistics
- What his falsetto does: soars over clouds and shatters glass vases into perfectly formed diamonds
What he does with the New Stylistics: resurrects such '70s hits as "Betcha by Golly, Wow," and "Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart)"
The REACH Foundation
Their mission: "Saving lives...Changing Lives...Through Music!" Created by the philanthropic duo of Mark and Wendy Wilson, The REACH Foundation has opened its arms to children in physical, social, and especially financial need since its inception 13 years ago. Their fundraising concert series has featured past performances by Montgomery Gentry, Earth Wind & Fire, Little River Band, Chris Cagle, Chris Janson, Trent Tomlinson, Eddie Money, Huey Lewis and The News, and 70’s Soul Jam featuring The Stylistics & more. The organization has bolstered the resources of a variety of children's causes, including Make-A-Wish Foundation and St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. They have also awarded over 60 four-year college scholarships since fall of 2000.