Every music fan dreams of being called up onto the stage at a concert to sing alongside their favorite vocalist, and, in a carefree moment, lift their elbows in rhythm. Be free with this GrouponLive deal.
- $18 for one ticket to Julieta Venegas plus two free tickets to One Carnival Wednesday Latin Night between April 6 and May 31 (up to a $35 value)
- When: Sunday, April 6, at 7 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Orlando
- General admission standing
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Her trilingual stomping grounds: Spanish, Portuguese, English
- Her Grammy nods: one Grammy and five Latin Grammys
- What she does in her free time: volunteers for the UN as a UNICEF goodwill ambassador in Mexico
- Her most-renowned album to date: the platinum-selling Limón y Sal
- Song you've heard from that album: the worldwide hit "Me Voy"
- What's new: 2013's Los Momentos
- How AllMusic describes its sound: "a homespun electro-pop record that sounds as if it was made on a laptop by a child of the '80s, where synthetic keyboards and beats reign supreme."
- What to do if you see her on the street: run through a series of hyper-personal questions to really make sure it's her, because she has a twin sister
House of Blues Orlando
Perched in Downtown Disney West Side, House of Blues Orlando resembles something of a backwoods theme park itself. Giant signs herald the venue from atop an old water tower taken from Mickey Mouse’s ancestral estate, and between trees wrapped entirely in twinkling lights stands a sprawling, neon-lit wooden roadhouse. Inside, the stage and lantern-strung patio bustle with boisterous entertainments nearly every night. A box of Delta Mississippi mud beneath its stage links the building to its sister locations across the country.