What You'll Get
- $15 for one general admission ticket (up to $30 value)
- Saturday, April 9, at 8 p.m. – First Presbyterian Church in Santa Monica
- Sunday, April 10, at 3 p.m. – Glendale City Church in Glendale
- Adams—Short Ride in a Fast Machine: A tense wood block sets the speedy pace, a rush of strings and woodwinds set in, and the timpani rises in rebellious dread in this brief piece that the composer himself summed up thusly: “You know how it is when someone asks you to ride in a terrific sports car, and then you wish you hadn’t?”
- Beethoven—Symphony No. 3 “Eroica”: One of the grandest and most enduring classical works in history, the “Eroica” moves through the hopes, setbacks, and triumphs of a heroic campaign. Inspired by the French Revolution, Beethoven originally dedicated his ambitious yet melodically accessible epic to Napoleon. But when that hero of the people became a tyrant, the composer erased his name from the manuscript, declaring, “He’s just a rascal like all the others.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 11, 2016. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.