What You'll Get
- $25 for one ticket to Def Leppard with Styx and Tesla (up to $50.50 value)
- When: Tuesday, August 11, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Starlight Theatre
- Seating: terrace sections 6–7, rows NN–ZZ
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Members of Def Leppard: vocalist Joe Elliott, guitarist Vivian Campbell, guitarist Phil Collen, bassist Rick “Sav” Savage, and drummer Rick Allen
- Def Leppard singles that will inspire a crowd sing-along: “Pour Some Sugar on Me,” “Love Bites,” “Armageddon It”
- Breakout hit: “Bringin’ On the Heartbreak” from 1981’s High ‘n’ Dry
- Album that sold more than 20 million copies worldwide: 1987’s Hysteria
- Organizations the band supports and have partnered with: USO, Hiring Our Heros, Project Resiliency/The Raven Drum Foundation, Wounded Warriors
- What else fans can expect: Pyrotechnics. Lots of pyrotechnics.
- Styx’s name: in Greek mythology, it’s the river between Earth and Hades, and the only moniker the band could agree upon when they formed
- 16: the number of Top 40 singles they’ve released
- Founding members still in Styx: guitarist/vocalist Tommy Shaw, bassist Chuck Panozzo, and guitarist/vocalist James “J.Y.” Young. Vocalist/keyboardist Lawrence Gowan steps in for Dennis DeYoung
- Styx showstoppers: “Renegade,” “Come Sail Away”
- 1984: the year Tesla first formed in Sacramento
- 1989: the year the band truly broke out with the double-platinum album The Great Radio Controversy, which included the hit singles “Heaven’s Trail (No Way Out)” and “Love Song”
- The power of Tesla: blistering arena rock driven by a down-to-earth, anti-glam aesthetic
- The lineup: original members Jeff Keith, Frank Hannon, Brian Wheat and Troy Luccketta along with new guitarist Dave Rude
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 11, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 4/1 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Starlight Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Starlight Theatre's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Starlight Theatre
Among other things, Starlight Theatre was born out of an eagerness to impress a woman with a fancy hat. In 1925, a visit from Romania's Queen Marie led the Kansas City Federation of Music to organize a showcase of some of the city's finest musicians—a performance they opened to the public as well. The response was overwhelming and gave the city the push needed to plan for a permanent outdoor venue. Since then, Starlight's stage has seen stars of rock, comedy, pop, and Broadway, including Jerry Lewis, who personally paid for a stage extension to bring him closer to his audience. A star of a different sort to steal the spotlight was President Harry Truman, who made a special appearance on the opening night of Mr. President, only to be rushed away by ambulance during intermission due to an attack of appendicitis.