What You'll Get
- $19 for one ticket to see Train: Picasso at the Wheel Summer Tour 2015 with special guests The Fray and Matt Nathanson (up to $44 value)
- When: Friday, July 17, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Starlight Theatre
- Seating: terrace section
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
Train: Picasso at the Wheel Summer Tour 2015 with Special Guests The Fray and Matt Nathanson
- The current, seven-strong lineup: Pat Monahan, Jimmy Stafford, Jerry Becker, Hector Maldonado, Drew Shoals, and backing vocalists Sakai Smith and Nikita Houston
- Select chart-toppers: “Meet Virginia,” “Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me),” “Calling All Angels,” “Hey Soul Sister,” “Marry Me,” “Drive By”
- Why Monahan doesn’t mind if those songs eclipse the band’s name recognition: “Some artists release songs and they start at the top of iTunes because of name recognition. We always start at the bottom and work our way to the top. I became happy about that, because it means it’s based on the power of the song.”
- Train by the numbers: more than 10 million albums and 30 million tracks sold, three Grammy Awards, two Billboard Music Awards, and seven studio albums, including last year’s Bulletproof Picasso
- Point of departure: 1994 in San Francisco, beginning as a five-piece band
- Point of arrival: 1998’s “Meet Virginia,” on the band’s self-titled debut album
- Length of “Drops of Jupiter”’s layover in the Top 40: 10 months—most of 2001
- Key cuts from the new album: “Cadillac, Cadillac,” a sunny head-nodder with Caribbean elements, the Western-tinged “Angel in Blue Jeans” (complete with music video starring Danny Trejo), and the newest hit, “Bulletproof Picasso”
- How you met The Fray: The piano-driven rockers scored their first major hit with 2005’s “How to Save a Life.”
- How you met Matt Nathanson: with his breakout hit “Come On Get Higher,” or via the smirking melody of 2013’s “Kinks Shirt”
In the middle of Train's latest tour, frontman Pat Monahan reflects on his favorite venues.
After 20 years on the road, the band-slash-winemakers have learned a thing or two about great restaurants.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 17, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 3/2 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Starlight Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.