Both laughter and tears can be cathartic, but only laughter is OK in front of your dog. Laugh until you cry with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see Kathy Griffin
- When: Saturday, September 14, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Overture Center for the Arts – Overture Hall
- Door time: 7 p.m..
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $40 for the mezzanine or lower balcony (up to a $60 value)
- $30 for the balcony (up to a $49 value)
- Click here to view the mezzanine seating chart.
- Click here to view the balcony seating chart.
The resumé of actress and comedian Kathy Griffin sparkles with awards and honors. Across a decades-long career, she has garnered two Emmys for her Bravo show My Life on the D-List, four Grammy nominations for her comedy albums, countless standup specials, and performances on television shows such as Suddenly Susan. A longtime Los Angeles resident and alumna of famed improv group The Groundlings, Griffin perches on the edge of the Hollywood in-crowd, allowing her to skewer stars' foibles and excesses using firsthand observations and a scandalously wicked sense of humor.
She's as hardworking as she is gleefully loudmouthed, working as fast as the cable-news cycle spins to generate new material—last year alone, she created four standup specials for Bravo and debuted a new talk show, Kathy. Live onstage, she told Creative Loafing Atlanta, "I can give the behind-the-scenes stuff from the Kathy show, the stuff Bravo won't let me talk about . . . My show is highly improvisational and I basically do standup until I get arrested."