- $25 for one ticket to Kelly’s 5th Annual Alzheimer’s Fundraiser (up to $53.74 value)
- When: Friday, August 8, at 10 p.m.
- Where: Club Allure
- General admission
- Door time: 10 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Kelly’s 5th Annual Alzheimer’s Fundraiser
Inspired by her own father’s struggle with the terrible disease, Kelly Morin began hosting an annual event that raises money for the Alzheimer’s Association of NYC. In her own words: “This is why I fight—I fight for people that can’t fight for themselves. I speak for people that can’t speak.” A roster of dynamic performers and DJs keep the energy high, while guests also enjoy raffle prizes, celebrity guests, and other surprises throughout the evening.
- Dres: half of the hip-hop duo Black Sheep, whose hits “The Choice is Yours” and “Flavor of the Month” dominated the charts in the early ’90s
- Fred the Godson: an on-the-rise talent with mixtapes that have been praised by the Underground Music Awards, BET’s Rap City, and some guy named Jay-Z
- DJ set from Psycho Les: a member of the underground rap crew The Beatnuts, Les has produced for artists such as Mos Def and Fat Joe
- Also performing: Jayquon, CNR of Trilogy, Julio Mena, Caramelo, and NINE
- DJs: Johnny Blze, Amo, E.M., Precise, Rey, and Eddie B. Swift