- One ticket to see the Kenny Garrett Quintet
- When: Wednesday, April 16, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- C$27.50 for orchestra or mezzanine section (up to C$55 value)
- C$23.50 for dress circle or upper circle section (up to C$47 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Kenny Garrett Quintet
- What Kenny Garrett plays: the alto saxophone
- Who Kenny Garrett has played with: the Duke Ellington Orchestra, Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers, Miles Davis’ band, and the Five Peace Band, with whom he won a Grammy
- Who else he has played with: the Kenny Garrett Quintet, of course
- Age at which he started playing the sax: 8
- What most other children learn at that age: how to “converse at an almost adult level”
- Age at which he released his first solo album: 24
- Essential albums: his breakthrough record Black Hope; Songbook, an album comprised entirely of his own original compositions; and his most recent effort, the Grammy-nominated Pushing the World Away
- What AllMusic had to say: “Pushing the World Away is a wildly diverse offering for Garrett. What it doesn’t reveal in swing it does in intricacies, shadows, impressive arrangements, and striking musicianship.”
Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts
In the heart of Calgary sits a full city-block’s worth of art. Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts, a six-level complex measuring nearly 10 acres, is one of the largest venues in the country. Even its interior is massive in scope—the building houses five theatres and one concert hall, home to the Carthy Organ, itself one of Canada’s biggest, pipe-iest pipe organs. But the space is remarkable for more than just its size. There’s a reason that over 600,000 individuals attend the nearly 2,000 events it hosts each year: with offerings encompassing everything from live music to sporting events, the Centre offers something for everyone.