Horses are mankind’s natural companion, whether helping humans establish an agrarian society or stomping out the fledgling agrarian societies of our rabbit rivals. Stay on top with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two one-day passes to see the Kentucky Reining Cup
- When: Friday, April 25, at 6 p.m. or Saturday, April 26, at 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Alltech Arena at Kentucky Horse Park
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 3 p.m.
- Click here to view the schedule.
Tickets and Dates
- $18 for two Friday tickets ($44 value)
- $23 for two Saturday tickets ($56 value)
Kentucky Reining Cup
Now in its fifth year, the Kentucky Reining Cup gallops back to Kentucky Horse Park for three days of equine competition. Riders from across the globe descend upon Lexington, each vying for $120,000 in total prize money during the three-star Reining contest, freestyle championship, and USEF national championship, during which the official US Reining team will be selected.
A judged event designed to showcase the athletic abilities of horses on a larger stage, Reining calls for riders and their steeds to perform in a series of patterns, from small, slow circles to 360-degree spins. In freestyle riding, man-and-beast duos trot in elegant, choreographed moves set to music as opposed to ominous stretches of silence punctuated by a single person arrhythmically clapping. Meanwhile, from 3 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 7:30 a.m. to noon on Sunday, a large gathering of merchants will showcase goods, clothing, jewelry and art at the accompanying trade show.