- $16 for one ticket to see Kid Ink (up to $32 value)
- When: Thursday, June 5, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Rawkus
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Where you first heard Kid Ink: on his 2012 independent release Up & Away
- His style exhibited on that album: positive attitudes and creative rhymes delivered at a deceptively laid-back pace, without a single guest spot
- His latest album: My Own Lane, which dominated the airwaves with the single “Show Me”
- Collaborators on the record: Tyga, Pusha T, Machine Gun Kelly, and ASAP Ferg
- Why he’s called Kid Ink: because of his 25 tattoos
- Why that number’s not larger: because 25 is when he lost count
- Tattoo you’re least likely to notice: the words “Good Luck” on his inner lip
Sensory overload is the stock and trade at Rawkus. The massive venue, sporting 13,000 square feet for hundreds of regular-shaped feet to stand in, carries electronic accoutrements that range from a surrealistic laser system to a pro audio system for transcendent evenings out. While sprinkling its schedule with DJs, dance parties, and rock acts, the venue also serves beer and liquor from its bar and snacks from its kitchen.