Rappers typically perform with hype men, who keep the crowd's energy up by waving around towels and feeding the audience granola bars. Get pumped with this GrouponLive deal.
- $20 for one ticket to Kid N' Play's Ultimate House Party (up to a $26.50 value)
- When: Saturday, November 16, at 11 p.m.
- Where: Studio 504
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 11 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
Kid N' Play
- Real names: Christopher "Kid" Reid and Christopher "Play" Martin
- How you remember them: Kid's high-top fade; Play's eight-ball jackets
- How glorious was Kid's high-top: it reached 10 inches at its peak and was capable of holding hundreds of spare pencils
- Hits you might hear: "Funhouse" and "Ain't Gonna Hurt Nobody," both of which topped the Billboard Rap Singles chart
- What came before the Ultimate House Party: the House Party films, which cemented Kid N' Play as comedy all-stars and helped launch the career of Martin Lawrence
- Where you've seen them recently: onstage with Salt-N-Pepa in New York; making a cameo in LMFAO's "Sorry for Party Rocking" video
- How important nicknames are in this crew: Kid N' Play's DJ is Mark "DJ Wiz" Eastmond; their manager back in the day was Hurby "Luv Bug" Azor
- How Kid and Play first met: while performing in rival high-school rap groups
- They originally named themselves: Fresh Force