Musicals have always brought impossible dreams to life onstage, from cats that can talk to humans who can sing in public without feeling weird. Escape from reality with this GrouponLive deal to see Green Day’s American Idiot at the Merriam Theater at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. Choose from the following seating options:
- For $20, you get one ticket for family-circle seating in rows A–E (a $40 value).
- For $30, you get one ticket for rear-center or side-balcony seating (a $55 value).
- For $39, you get one ticket for rear- or side-orchestra seating (a $75 value).<p>
Then choose from the following performances:
- Tuesday, February 12, at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 13, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 17, at 6:30 p.m.<p>
The blockbuster punk-rock opera—based on Green Day’s hit 2004 album, American Idiot—tells the tale of a tormented generation of youngsters struggling to come to terms with the new realities of its post-9/11 times. Described by Charles Isherwood of the New York Times as “thrilling, emotionally charged, and as moving as any Broadway musical [he’d] seen this year,” the musical features Billie Joe Armstrong’s penned hits “21 Guns,” “Holiday,” and “Wake Me Up When September Ends.” A riveting and youthful cast led by Alex Nee takes to the industrial, TV-studded stage and plays up the passions and rage of its generation while an onstage band provides the iconic tunes.<p>