- One ticket to see King of Kings!
- When: Friday, March 27, or Saturday, March 28, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Evangel Cathedral
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $45 for the general-admission section on Friday (up to $65 value)
- $50 for the VIP section on Friday (up to $75 value)
- $42.50 for the general-admission section on Saturday (up to $65 value)
- $52.50 for the VIP section on Saturday (up to $75 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
King of Kings!
For more than two decades, Evangel Cathedral has dazzled the DC region with holiday pageants that blend music, dance, storytelling, and extravagant spectacle. This April, it turns its lasers and choir toward Easter for King of Kings!, an epic telling of the days of Jesus Christ. Like all of its original musicals, Evangel presents the story with live animals such as sentient Peeps, brilliant light displays, and a huge cast. The cherry on top of the celebration: performances by gospel stars such as Marvin Winans of the Winans, the quartet that set the stage for the musical empire of gospel’s First Family. Other luminaries set to croon amid the fountains of sparks and more than 125 cast members include Karen Clark Sheard, Richard Smallwood, and Lorraine Stancil.
Bishop Don Meares and his wife, Marion, deliver large-scale worship services and celebrity-studded events at Evangel Cathedral Multi-Media & Arts Center. In addition to prayer services, the stunning faith center hosts Bible study classes, mentorship opportunities, and even a spiritual hotline that parishioners can call in times of distress. Women's groups and youth groups foster an even greater sense of community among the congregation. The church also has many specialized facilities: a bookstore provides edifying materials, and a banquet hall called Camelot invites diners to try and pull a knife out of the mystical block of butter in the kitchen.