What You'll Get
- $55 for one admission to a 3.5-hour mindfulness meditation workshop with Klia Bassing
- This event is for adults only
- Participants should wear comfortable clothing
- Although chairs will be provided, participants may bring sitting gear if they’d like to sit on the floor
- Upon purchase, you may schedule for one of the available dates
- You must reserve your date here in advance of the event
This event will take place in the community room of Transformational Acupuncture in Dupont Circle.
Each event is capped at 30 purchasers.
What You’ll Do
It’s one thing to believe meditation is valuable, but another to keep at it. Recognizing that the biggest obstacle to a fruitful practice is simply making the time, instructor Klia Bassing leads groups through a 3.5-hour retreat. This session can help set those familiar with meditation and newcomers alike find a path to committed meditation, which in turn can increase their inner calm and self-awareness.
Sit and Search for Inner Stillness
Klia will lead three seated meditation sessions of roughly 30 minutes each.
Go for a Stroll
Students will also have a chance to try two 15-minute walking meditations.
Take Exercises To-Go
Learn interactive exercises that can help infuse your everyday routine with mindfulness.
Mindfulness Meditation Instructor
Klia Bassing’s mind was crowded with obsessive thoughts of food and body-image—then a friend suggested she try meditation. Bassing herself admits it wasn’t a cure-all, but it did set her on a journey that led her to a place of heightened self-awareness and compassion. Now she introduces others to the process that improved her life, visiting workplaces such as The World Bank and Department of Justice to teach mindful meditation in the office—a service that’s earned the notice of the Washington Post and Science Daily.
The Fine Print