- $25 for one ticket to see Jennifer Nettles - That Girl Tour
- When: Sunday, August 3, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Koka Booth Amphitheatre
- Seating: lawn
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Full name: Jennifer Odessa Nettles
- Better known as: one half of award-studded country powerhouse Sugarland
- Why she took a break from the group: to have a baby and record her first solo album
- Who she enlisted to help her record: Rick Rubin, the legendary producer known for a stripped down production style and hoarding faberge eggs in his beard
- Where Nettles and Rubin recorded: in a recording room with a nursery
- What they came up with: That Girl, which shot to number one on the US Country charts after its January release
- Song you might hear from the album: “This One’s For You,” a love ballad whose “intricate interplay between piano, electric guitar, and horns… frame the obvious emotion Nettles puts into the song,” according to Allmusic.com
Koka Booth Amphitheatre
Located a stone’s throw from Symphony Lake, Koka Booth Amphitheatre emerges out of 14 acres of hardwoods and pines to offer up its stage to traveling national acts, theatrical productions, and movie screenings. Although its wood and earth-toned beams camouflage the venue within its natural surroundings, passersby can notice its sleek exterior glistening in the moonlight during nighttime performances. The outdoor amphitheater––designed by William Rawn Associates of Boston, which also constructed the Cambridge Public Library––seats up to 7,000 people on its spacious lawn, crescent deck, or loft bird nests.