What You'll Get
- $35 for one ticket for sections 1–15 (rows O–P) (up to $67 value)
- View the seating chart
Kool & the Gang
- Kool: the nickname of singer, songwriter, bass-master, and funky patriarch Robert “Kool” Bell
- The Gang: his horn-swiveling soul syndicate that funked up the charts in the ’70s, brought R&B to the masses in the ’80s, sold 70 million albums, and still has tailfeathers shaking in the 21st century
- Their hits: The ’70s canon is loaded with funky stuff such as “Funky Stuff” and the Pulp Fiction favorite, “Jungle Boogie,” whereas the ’80s oeuvre featured jams such as “Celebration” and baby-makers such as “Joanna.”
- Their aliases: Jazziacs, the band’s original moniker upon forming in 1964; Kool & the Flames, which lasted until 1969, when the Regulatory Commission of Uncool Band Names demanded they adopt “Kool & the Gang” instead; Gelato, because they’re so smooth and frequently sampled
- Acts that have sampled their grooves: DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince (it wouldn’t be “Summertime” without Kool’s “Summer Madness), Snoop Dogg, Kris Kross, Mase, Too Short, and N.W.A.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 3, 2017. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Arena Theatre
At Arena Theatre, nobody sits farther than 60 feet from the show. Most concertgoers who’ve squinted their ways through major concerts at other venues can attest that the in-the-round seating arrangement and revolving stage are causes for celebration. And the stars have noticed. Since the 1970s, the state-of-the-art venue has attracted a long list of legendary performers including Willie Nelson, Tom Jones, and Aretha Franklin. While their golden vocal chords ring through the stellar acoustics, fans sink into comfy seats, savor a flashy light system, and discard their unnecessary opera glasses.