What You'll Get
- $33 for one Orchestra 3 (BB-RR) ticket (up to $62.50 value)
- $49.50 for one Orchestra 2 (Rows N-JJ) ticket (up to $95.50 value)
- Click to see the seating chart.
Kool & the Gang
- Kool: the nickname of singer, songwriter, bass-master, and funky patriarch Robert “Kool” Bell
- The Gang: his horn-swiveling soul syndicate that funked up the charts in the ’70s, brought R&B to the masses in the ’80s, sold 70 million albums, and still has tailfeathers shaking in the 21st century
- Their hits: The ’70s canon is loaded with funky stuff such as “Funky Stuff” and the Pulp Fiction favorite, “Jungle Boogie,” whereas the ’80s oeuvre featured jams such as “Celebration” and baby-makers such as “Joanna.”
- Their aliases: Jazziacs, the band’s original moniker upon forming in 1964; Kool & the Flames, which lasted until 1969, when the Regulatory Commission of Uncool Band Names demanded they adopt “Kool & the Gang” instead; Gelato, because they’re so smooth and frequently sampled
- Acts that have sampled their grooves: DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince (it wouldn’t be “Summertime” without Kool’s “Summer Madness), Snoop Dogg, Kris Kross, Mase, Too Short, and N.W.A.
Bootsy Collins: Sent from Planet Funk to save Earth from stagnant hips, the legendary bassist of James Brown and Parliament-Funkadelic invented the grooves heard in Brown’s “Super Bad” and Parliament’s “Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker).” Armed with his star-shaped “space bass,” he also performs otherworldly numbers of his own such as “Stretchin’ Out.”
Doug E. Fresh: Pioneer of beatboxing who filled his resume by originating the club chant “Heyyyyyyy, YO!…I-iiiiight” in the hit “I-ight” and becoming proficient in Excel.
Morris Day and The Time: When he was a high-schooler in Minneapolis, Morris Day formed a band with Prince and André Cymone, with his mom serving as the manager. Later, he went on to lead The Time, star in Prince’s Purple Rain, and get crowds moving to funk-pop hits including “Jungle Love” and “The Bird.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 29, 2016. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.