Humans have been putting spherical objects in hoops for centuries, but until the invention of the dunk, the fast break, and face dribbling, it wasn’t an activity worth watching. See if “basketball” lives up to the hype with today’s GrouponLive deal to see a Kennesaw State University men’s basketball game at Convocation Center. Choose between the following options:
- For $10, you get two tickets and two black Owls T-shirts (up to a $40 value).
- For $18, you get four tickets and four black Owls T-shirts (up to an $80 value).<p>
Seating will be in Sections 102–106 and 112–116. For each ticket option, choose from the following games:
- Against Reinhardt on Wednesday, November 23, at 7 p.m.
- Against South Carolina State on Saturday, November 26, at 5 p.m.
- Against Stetson on Monday, January 2, at 7 p.m.
- Against Florida Gulf Coast on Wednesday, January 4, at 7 p.m.
- Against Jacksonville on Saturday, January 21, at 7 p.m.
- Against East Tennessee on Saturday, February 4, at 3 p.m.
- Against Mercer on Friday, February 10, at 7 p.m.
- Against Belmont on Thursday, February 23, at 7 p.m.<p>
The Division I Kennesaw State Owls hope to pass, dribble, and shoot their way to victory in the 2011–12 season under the tutelage of new head coach Lewis Preston. Senior guard Spencer Dixon had the distinction of being KSU’s all-time steal leader during the 2010–11 season, staking his claim in the January 18 game against Jacksonville, and junior guard Markeith Cummings was named the 2011-12 Atlantic Sun Conference Preseason Player of the Year. Just over six years old, the 4,600-seat KSU Convocation Center hosts games with fresh-faced pizzazz, retaining its new-court scent and lack of haunting by vengeful, deflated balls.
Kennesaw State University Owls
Established in 1982, Kennesaw State's athletics program first competed in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics. In the mid-90s, the Owls migrated to the NCAA, where they claimed 7 Division II championships in activities as diverse as men's basketball, cheerleading, and women's soccer. Just as a real owl hones its night vision until it stops stubbing its talons on branches, the school continued its ascent until it joined the Division I Atlantic Sun Conference, netting two national tournament appearances in women's soccer as well as championships in men's track and field and women's cross-country.
1000 Chastain Rd.
Kennesaw, Georgia 30144