- $22 for one ticket to see Kurt Elling (up to $54.50 value)
- When: Sunday, February 16, at 4 p.m.
- Where: McAninch Arts Center at College of DuPage – Performance Hall
- Seating: main floor or balcony
- Door time: 3 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- What Kurt Elling's singing style is called: vocalese
- What vocalese is: the act of setting improvised lyrics to traditionally instrumental jazz songs
- What vocalese is not, but could be: a specially-formulated cough drop for singers
- How Elling got his start: singing in the choir at church and scat singing around Chicago
- A few of the stars he's collaborated with: Buddy Guy, Billy Corgan, and Charlie Hunter
- How Kurt Elling won his 2009 Grammy award: with his album Dedicated to You: Kurt Elling Sings the Music of Coltrane and Hartman
- What fans can expect at his concert: songs from his latest album, 1619 Broadway – The Brill Building Project, which pays tribute to songwriters in New York City
McAninch Arts Center at College of DuPage
Hailed as "the cultural center for greater DuPage County" by the Daily Herald, the McAninch Arts Center at College of DuPage provides a training ground for fledgling artists and an entertainment hub for the community. The center—affectionately referred to as "The MAC"—houses three theaters and an art gallery, each outfitted to host touring productions or lavish oil painting revues. Throughout the year, visitors can stop by to take in a play, sway to the beat during a concert, or peruse works by national and international artists.
McAninch Arts Center at the College of DuPage
Belushi Performance Hall
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137