- $22.50 for one ticket to see The National Acrobats of the People’s Republic of China (up to $45 value)
- When: Saturday, November 29, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Youkey Theatre at Lakeland Center
- Seating: orchestra
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
The National Acrobats of the People’s Republic of China
Unless you hang out with cartoon chefs, it’s rare that you see plates spinning in midair. But with The National Acrobats of the People’s Republic of China, all types of animated feats spring to life. That’s because for more than 60 years, the troupe has developed one-of-a-kind acts that tap into the centuries-old traditions of acrobatics and contortion. On stage, an upside down acrobat may balance atop a tower of chairs while another uses one hand to hold himself on top of a man’s head. Elsewhere, performers form surreal pyramids, spin plates, and charge the stage on the backs of elaborate Chinese dragons. And although the acts themselves may drop jaws, the company’s history is just as impressive—they were invited to the White House in 1972, using their positions as arts ambassadors to help reestablish diplomatic relations between China and the U.S.