According to legend, Babe Ruth pointed his bat toward the sky to let his fans know exactly where the flesh-eating aliens were coming from. See the greats be great with this Groupon.
- Game package for two or four people to see a Lakewood BlueClaws game against the Delmarva Shorebirds
- When: Monday, May 27, at 6:35 p.m. (Memorial Day)
- Where: FirstEnergy Park
- Seating: Reserved seating in sections 101–115
- Door time: 5:35 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
$15 for a game package for two (a $35.50 value)
- Two tickets (a $24.50 value)
- Two ice creams (a $5.50 value each)<p>
$29 for a game package for four (a $69.50 value)
- Four tickets (a $47.50 value)
- Four ice creams (a $5.50 value each)<p>
The Scouting Report
Battling for the South Atlantic League’s Northern Division, the Lakewood BlueClaws are heating up in mid-May—a hot streak exemplified by their 4–3 victory over the Delmarva Shorebirds on May 12. During that match-up, right-handed pitcher Nick Hanson set the tone, posting five perfect innings to start the game. Hanson’s dominant performance netted him a total of 17 straight scoreless innings in his first three starts, causing the Shorebirds to propose switching to tee-ball before the upcoming game on on Memorial Day.
After joining the South Atlantic League in 2001, the LakeWood BlueClaws didn't hesitate to make their mark. In less than a decade, the team won three league championships, including a landmark 2010 season in which they became the first club in SAL history to win the division in both halves of the season and go on to claim the title. As the Philadelphia Phillies' Class-A affiliate, the team has sent 50 players to the majors, including an eventual National League MVP and the 2010 Phillies' star 8-foot mutant crab at shortstop.