Hockey teams are often named after intimidating natural phenomena, such as the Calgary Flames, the Colorado Avalanche, and the Pembroke Puberty. Experience the fury with today’s GrouponLive deal to see a Langley Rivermen hockey game at the Langley Events Centre. Choose from the following options:
- For $13, you get two general-admission tickets for one of the following games (up to a $23.75 value, including all Ticketmaster fees):
- Against the Surrey Eagles on Wednesday, February 1, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Cowichan Valley Capitals on Thursday, February 9, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Alberni Valley Bulldogs on Sunday, February 26, at 2 p.m.
- For $14, you get a family hockey outing to see the Rivermen play the Alberni Valley Bulldogs on Sunday, February 26, at 2 p.m. (up to a $28.75 value, including all Ticketmaster fees). The outing includes the following:
- Two general admission tickets
- Two children’s tickets<p>
Attendees at the February 26 game may join the players for a complimentary post-game skate (rental not included).
Adding another chapter to Langley’s storied hockey history, the Rivermen continue their inaugural campaign by shifting for a late-season surge against three BCHL rivals. The blue and beige-clad puck pushers follow the guidance of Steve O’Rourke, who was groomed and watered in the Calgary Flames organization before blossoming into the Rivermen’s head coach. On the ice, forward Darnell Dyck glides among the league’s top scorers with 44 points in 43 games, and goalie Jim Kruger protects his save percentage and collection of good crystal by deflecting all net-bound projectiles. After enjoying the glacial action from the pristine sightlines of the Arena Bowl’s 5,500 seats on February 26, fans can join in a post-game skate alongside Rivermen players and carve cursive messages to their favorites as they sail along the ice.