What You'll Get
- Admission to Lanita Joseph Dance & Cultural Center presents “The Monologues of My Hips”
- When: Friday, March 28, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Harold Washington Cultural Center
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
* $19 for one general-admission ticket (up to $27.37 value) * $35 for one VIP ticket (up to $43.19 value). A pre-show reception for a limited number of VIP ticket-holders will be held at 7 p.m.
Lanita Joseph Dance & Cultural Center presents “The Monologues of My Hips”
In “The Monologues of My Hips,” dance and spoken-word performances blend together in an exploration—and challenge—of society’s beauty standards for women. The plot follows a young, plus-size dancer trying to lose weight, incorporating choreography, poetry, and plenty of warm humor along the way. Ultimately, the show aims to celebrate the diversity of all bodies. A portion of the event’s proceeds will benefit Local-Motions Performing Arts Organization, a non-profit group that teaches dance, vocal performance, theater, and fine arts to school-age children in Chicago.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 28, 2014. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting on day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Harold Washington Cultural Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects LaNita Joseph Dance & Cultural Center's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.