- $22 for one VIP ticket for reserved seating to see Lanita Joseph Dance & Cultural Center presents The Monologues of My Hips (up to $32.64 value)
- When: Saturday, June 28, at 8 p.m.
- Where: University of Chicago – Noyes Theater
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
The Monologues of My Hips
In The Monologues of My Hips, dance and spoken-word performances blend together in an exploration—and challenge—of society’s beauty standards for women. The plot follows a young, plus-size dancer trying to lose weight, incorporating choreography, poetry, and plenty of warm humor along the way. Ultimately, the show aims to celebrate the diversity of all bodies.
Lanita Joseph Dance & Cultural Center
Lanita Joseph is an advocate for women, children, minorities, and the LGBTQ community. The method of her advocacy: empowering people to express themselves through dance, the performing arts, and poetry. Through free dance programs, as well as outreach, the nonprofit explores issues such as self-esteem, body image, and bullying, all while inspiring audiences and imparting performers not only with an outlet but also with a valuable skill.