Country music harks back to a more courteous era, when kids still called women "ma'am" and men "daddy ma'am." Tip your hat to the good ol' days with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for one ticket to see Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers with Joe Diffie (up to $32.50 value)
- When: Friday, February 28, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Eagle Mountain Casino
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers with Joe Diffie
- The Gatlin Brothers: Larry, Steve, and Rudy
- Literally: they are actually brothers, and grew up entertaining their family and friends with their singing
- "Countrypolitan": their sound—country at the core, but coated in lush pop production
- Gatlin Brothers songs you heard at every Texas beach party in the early '80s: "Houston (Means I'm One Day Closer to You)," "Broken Lady," "Talking to the Moon"
- Signature tune that ended the dreams of many prospectors: "All the Gold in California"
- And why: because all that gold is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills, in somebody else's name
- Joe Diffie's forte: ballads that hit you right in the heart, and lighthearted kickers that hit you right in the funny bone
- Track that reminds you not to get Joe a coupe for Christmas: "Pickup Man"
- Where to find him when he's not on stage: in the studio, writing songs for artists including Tim McGraw, Conway Twitty, and Jo Dee Messina