- One ticket to see Larry The Cable Guy
- When: Thursday, April 3, at 8 p.m.
- Where: UCCU Events Center
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
* $25 for reserved seating in the lower or upper bowl (up to $52.26 value) * $35 for reserved seating on the floor (up to $64.06 value) * Click to view the seating chart.
Larry The Cable Guy
Comedian Dan Whitney hasn’t always inhabited the sleeveless flannel and camouflage of Larry The Cable Guy, but he’s known him his entire life. “I grew up on a pig farm with nothing but 50- or 60-year-old cow farmers, so I was always able to drop in and out of that accent and that character,” he told The A.V. Club. Accordingly, he displays much affection as mockery toward the family of Southern stereotypes he riffs on via classic one-liners, punctuated by his trademark “Git-R-Done.” His deadpan delivery takes the form of a none-too-swift drawl that lets punch lines such as “I was living with a girl for about eight months, until she found out I was there” creep up unnoticed.
Whitney has parlayed his crude country charm into an appropriately home-fried History Channel show—Only in America with Larry The Cable Guy—and roles in films including Witless Protection, Delta Farce, and Cars. With barbecue sauces, beer bread, and other low cuisine now bearing his name, Whitney’s empire of the everyman has not only vaulted him onto the Forbes Celebrity 100 list but helped fund a charitable foundation to support the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.