Musicals have always brought impossible dreams to life on stage, from cats that can talk to humans who can sing in public without feeling weird. Escape from reality with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to see Young Frankenstein: The Musical
- When: October 6, 10, or 13
- Where: Waterfront Theatre
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $29 for Castle zone, rows 8–14 (up to a $60 value)
- $34 for Laboratory zone, rows 1–7 (up to a $70 value)
- Click here to view all available show options.<p>
Young Frankenstein: The Musical
Mel Brooks’s Young Frankenstein leaps from the silver screen to the stage. A fresh-faced cast brings this comedy classic’s many memorable moments of Dr. Frederick Frankenstein, his hump-backed assistant Igor and Frau Blucher to life just in time for the Halloween season. As the curtain rises, Frederick, haunted by his surname’s connotation of madness, travels to Transylvania to settle his grandfather’s estate. Instead, he inherits his unholy experiments. The newly reanimated monster inevitably goes on the loose, leaving Frederick to dodge the suspicious villagers and engage in romantic antics with with his laboratory assistant Inga.
Enthusiastic musical numbers add to the comedy with songs such as “Transylvania Mania” and “Puttin’ on the Ritz,” which marks the monster’s introduction into high society and burgeoning taste for designer neck bolts. As with his Tony-winning hit The Producers, Brooks wrote the music and co-wrote the book for this second musical adaptation of his film work.
83% of 58 customers recommend
“Freakin awesome show with $5 cocktails ta boot!”
“Super fun and a great show!!!”