Comedy has long been used to subvert the established order, shedding light on modern life’s pervasive absurdities and fomenting distrust of potentially seltzer-filled boutonnieres. Understand life through laughter with today’s GrouponLive deal: for $50, you get one year of admissions to “Laugh Hard with Dez Reed,” presented by Dez Reed Productions at Beily’s Ultralounge (a $300 value). The one year of admissions includes:
- 48 standard shows, held every Monday starting on December 26 (a $5 value each)
- Four special shows, including:
- The Great Plains Comedy Festival opening ceremonies, held in the summer of 2012 (a $15 value)
- The Harvest Classic Comedy Festival, held in September 2012 (a $15 value)
- The Great Western Comedy Competition finals, held in November 2012 (a $15 value)
- The Winterfest of Standup Comedy, held in December 2012 (a $15 value)<p>
Comedian Dez Reed accompanies the changing seasons with a full year of weekly comedy shows and special events. Throughout the 12-month assault on funny bones, giggle seekers will have their sides split by comedians such as Tommy Savitt, former Seinfeld writer Keith Barany, COCA Comedian of the Year Kelly Taylor, and dozens more acclaimed acts that are certain to dispense humorous tales, witty one-liners, and complete spoken-word performances of the phone book. For an even heavier dose of humour, comedy junkies can drop in on special shows held throughout the year, including the opening ceremonies of The Great Plains Comedy Festival during the summer.