Even in an age of iPads, the magic of a marionette can inspire a child to grow up into a puppeteer or a wooden actor. Get kid-friendly kicks with this GrouponLive deal.
- One General Admission ticket to see The Little Mermaid presented by Le Theatre de Marionette
- Where: The Palace Arts Center in historic Grapevine, Texas
- Seating: General Admission
- Door time: One hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the complete schedule of performances.<p>
- $5 for one child ticket, valid for children 12 or younger (up to an $11.54 value)
- $7 for one adult ticket (up to a $13.65 value)<p>
The Little Mermaid
Le Theatre de Marionette’s adaptation of The Little Mermaid enhances Hans Christian Andersen’s fairytale with the magical movements of intricately carved marionettes. Overcome by a desire to experience life on land, Ariel—the story’s protagonist—trades her beautiful voice to a Sea Witch named Ursula for a pair of legs. The mermaid must convince the handsome Prince Eric to fall in love with her within three days, or else she is bound to Ursula forever. A cast of over 60 marionettes bring the ocean floor to life with colorful seahorses and singing octopuses, while shadow puppets and special effects add additional visual flair. Audiences are encouraged to arrive early for a pre-show marionette demonstration, and stay after for a behind-the-scenes look at how puppet shows are performed.<p>
Geppetto's Theater & Workshop
“It all starts with an idea and block of wood,” says John Hopkins, founder of Geppetto's Theater & Workshop. While that may be true for his meticulously hand-carved marionettes—which star in the full gamut of classic children’s stories from Hansel and Gretel to The Wizard of Oz—it took a little more for Geppetto's Theater & Workshop itself. John began his performances in a defunct bus station in Arlington, drawing in families with just the skill of his hands and voice, before achieving enough success to move to Dallas and expand his skilled team of puppeteers and voice actors.