What You'll Get
- $9 for one ticket to The Little Mermaid, presented by Le Theatre de Marionette (up to $16 value)
- When: Saturday and Sundays, July 11 – September 6
- Showtimes: Saturdays at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., Sundays at 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Geppetto’s Theater & Workshop, at the Hilton Anatole, Dallas TX
- Seating: Reserved Seating, Rows 5 – 8 or better, tickets issued day of show
- Click here to view the performance schedule
- Click here to view the seating chart
Key Offer Details
- Reserve your show date and tickets online with your Groupon Voucher at www.geppettostheater.com/voucher-redemption.html
- Pick up Actual Tickets on date of performance at Will Call
- Arrive early to visit Theater Giftshop and Concession and watch pre-show demonstration on how the puppets are made
- Stay after the show to take a backstage tour to see how the marionette magic is created
- Show, Tour, and Theater Experience last approximately 1 hour
- Box Office and Concession open 1 hour before showtime, tickets assigned 30 minutes prior to the show
- Parking is $5 - Discount voucher provided by Geppettos will discount parking to $5.00; Patrons pay when they exit parking
- Recommended Minimum Age is (3) due to underwater scenes and intense storm sequences; Due to Fire Department regulations, all persons of any age must have a ticket to enter the auditorium
Geppettos Theater & Workshop is located in the sublevel of the Hilton Anatole, with its main entrance in the tower lobby. It is recommended guests use either this entrance or the Chantilly Ballroom entrance. There is plenty of parking around the hotel. Parking is an additional charge, but guests of Geppettos receive a reduced rate of $5 per car; it is recommended to park in lot #3. Strollers are not permitted inside the theater, however a free stroller parking area is located in the tower lobby. ADA seating is available; please call the box office after purchase to alert staff.
The Little Mermaid
Le Theatre de Marionette’s adaptation of The Little Mermaid enhances Hans Christian Andersen’s fairytale with the magical movements of intricately carved marionettes. Overcome by a desire to experience life on land, young Ariel trades her beautiful voice to a Sea Witch named Ursula for a pair of legs and lungs. The mermaid must then convince a handsome prince to fall in love with her within three days, or else become bound to Ursula forever.
Colorful seahorses and singing octopuses join a cast of more than 60 marionettes—each created by as many as 20 artists—in bringing this ocean extravaganza to life, while shadow puppets and special effects add additional visual flair. Behind the marionettes are a team of voice actors and skilled puppeteers who operate the 12–18 strings required to bring each character to life—”it’s like flying a kite in a hurricane sometimes backstage,” founder John Hopkins told Good Morning Texas.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 6, 2015. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4 vouchers per party per visit. Reservation required online at www.geppettostheater.com/voucher-redemption.html. Redeem voucher on day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Discount reflects Merchant's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.