- $25 for one ticket to see Andy Montañez: 50 Plus Una Historia En Concierto (up to $45 value)
- When: Saturday, April 18, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Lehman Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: balcony
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
- How Andy got his start: as the lead singer of El Gran Combo in 1961, a role he’d fill for 15 years
- His sound: Spanish and Caribbean influences can be heard in his clear, high tone, his invigorating rhythms, and his raucous instrumentation—the band typically includes trumpets, saxophones, bass, piano, and lots and lots of percussion
- Check out: 2006’s Salsa con Reggaetón
Lehman Center for the Performing Arts
Lehman Center for the Performing Arts hosts a lot of firsts. From Jose Feliciano to Russian music institutions, many performing artists have never played in the Bronx before they come to the Center. That reality is part of what prompted its founding in the first place three decades ago, in an effort to prove that borough residents didn't have to travel to Manhattan or tunnel inside their television sets to experience diverse, live cultural programming. So far, that's included concerts by luminaries such as Smokey Robinson, Patti LaBelle, and Johnny Mathis in addition to folk dance, ballet, and Latino comedy showcases.