What You'll Get
- $15 for rear side balcony seating (up to $29 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
Compañia Flamenca José Porcel
- The man behind the company: José Porcel, who at the age of 13 began studying Andalucian folk dances and flamenco
- The journey: soon he was training with master Martín Vargas, and other masters in Madrid, before debuting (and soloing) with the Ballet de Valencia
- Where his studies landed him: in the cast of Ballet Nacional de España, where he showed off his skills in dances including Ritmos and Poeta
- What that led to: flamenco festivals, solo positions with Rafael Aguilar’s dance company and the Los Angeles Philharmonic, world tours with Compañía Española de Antonio Márquez, and the forming of his own dance company
- What’s new: Flamenco Fire, a program that showcases the blend of traditional flamenco and contemporary dance for which Porcel is so well-regarded
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 1, 2015. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 11/1 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Lehman Center for the Performing Arts
Lehman Center for the Performing Arts hosts a lot of firsts. From Jose Feliciano to Russian music institutions, many performing artists have never played in the Bronx before they come to the Center. That reality is part of what prompted its founding in the first place three decades ago, in an effort to prove that borough residents didn't have to travel to Manhattan or tunnel inside their television sets to experience diverse, live cultural programming. So far, that's included concerts by luminaries such as Smokey Robinson, Patti LaBelle, and Johnny Mathis in addition to folk dance, ballet, and Latino comedy showcases.