What You'll Get
- $54 for one admission to a two-hour Mother’s-Day-themed glassmaking workshop with Leslie Speicher
- Upon purchase, you may schedule for one of the available dates
- You must reserve your date here in advance of the event
- Please wear closed-toed shoes and cotton clothing, and bring a band to tie back long hair.
- This event is suitable for participants ages 12 and up.
The event will be held at Chicago Glass Collective.
Each event is capped at 10 purchasers.
What You’ll Do
There’s scarcely a better way to show appreciation on Mother’s Day than creating your own handmade gift. In Leslie Speicher’s two-hour Mother’s-Day-themed workshop, you’ll work with the artist to make one-of-a-kind trinkets, including a glass dish as well as a pendant or keychain. Creations will be ready for pickup within a week of the workshop.
Speicher, an experienced glassmaker and teacher, walks students step-by-step through cutting, assembling, and fusing glass.
Make a Dish and Trinket of Your Choice
Each student crafts a 5”x5” decorative, food-safe, Mother’s-Day-themed dish in addition to either a pendant or a keychain.
All Materials Included
Participants have access to all necessary tools, including glass and the kiln.
Owner, Chicago Glass Collective
Leslie Speicher mastered the art of glass manipulation, spending more than a quarter-century perfecting her techniques and collecting a number of degrees, residencies, and publication credits along the way. Her shimmering pieces have appeared in showings across Seattle, New York, Miami, Philadelphia, and Chicago, where the Museum of Surgical Science hosted a solo show of her work. Not content to merely practice the art on her own, Speicher also mastered the art of teaching, sharing the secrets of her craft with students for the last 19 years.
The Fine Print