Choose Between Two Options
- $17.50 for one ticket to Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake (up to $34.75 value)
- When: Monday, June 15, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: The Paramount
- General admission or mezzanine
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Reel Big Fish
- How they started: as a Led Zeppelin cover band in Huntington Beach
- How they changed: by leading the third wave of ska in the late ’90s with beefy horns and radio-ready hits
- One of those hits: “Sell Out,” a tongue-in-cheek single about going mainstream that earned their sophomore album, Turn the Radio Off, Gold certification
- Their latest release: 2014’s Happy Skalidays, the holiday-themed follow-up to 2012’s Candy Coated Fury
- Total number of albums: 9
- Total number of past and current members: 21
- Founding members still on the roster: 1, pompadoured frontman Aaron Barrett
Less Than Jake
- How you know them: as Gainesville, Florida’s most famous ska punk band
- Songs about their hometown: “History of a Boring Town,” “Gainesville Rock City,” “Look What Happened”
- Entire album about their hometown: GNV FLA
- Their style: thick horns, upstroked guitar, and lyrics that mix sarcasm with sentiment
- How they got their name: after their drummer’s dog Jake, who was treated better than the humans in the house
- Their latest release: 2013’s See the Light
- How to practice skanking before the show: repeatedly kick a bunch of garbage cans in the alley behind your house
An oasis for arts-loving crowds tired of taking malfunctioning teleporters to the city, the cavernous Paramount draws in major acts to spare fans stressful commutes. The venue buzzes with a true rock 'n' roll vibe, beaming with a nocturnal color scheme decorated with whimsical local art and exposed brick walls.