- $30 for one G-Pass to see Lewis Black (up to $56.55 value)
- When: Saturday, August 1, at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Maine State Pier
- Seating: sections 4–6, rows 4–14
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- The act: imagine an even more cantankerous George Carlin, an endless loop of Peter Finch’s Oscar-winning “mad as hell” meltdown from 1976’s Network, or a human tea kettle spot-welded to its stove, and you get Lewis Black’s outrageously outraged stage persona
- “Back in Black”: the long-running segment on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart that introduced millions to Black’s misanthropic brand of commentary, and lead to a string of Comedy Central specials and his own series
- The stats: Black has five Grammy nominations and two wins for his comedy albums, won Best Male Standup at the American Comedy Awards in 2001, ranks 51 on Comedy Central’s list of 100 Greatest Standup Comedians of All Time, and earned a Sports Emmy for his feature on Inside the NFL
- The books: four on the New York Times best-seller list, including Me of Little Faith and I’m Dreaming of a Black Christmas
- The soft side: your kids may have heard his ornery voice in animated fare such as the Pixar hit Inside Out and TV’s Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- The show: in The Rant is Due: Part Deux, Black sets his sights on political targets on both sides of the aisle in a brand new storm of common sense, cutting observations, and obscene comedy